Checking the Status of a Home
Where can I find the status of a home on Redfin?
The quickest way to check the status of a home on Redfin is to look under the Home Facts section of the property page.
What do the different statuses mean?
Coming Soon properties are homes that are not yet officially for sale but are expected to be listed for sale within 21 days.
For Sale Statuses
- Active is when a home is currently for sale.
- Active-Kick-out is when a Purchase and Sale Agreement requires the buyer to purchase only if they can sell their current home.
- Active-No Show is when the seller has stated that the home is still for sale but cannot be toured at that time.
- Active Contingent(cies) means that the seller has accepted an offer from a buyer and a Purchase and Sale Agreement exists, but certain conditions (or contingencies) must be satisfied before the sale can be finalized.
- Active Option Contract is when a seller has accepted an offer to sell a home, but the transaction is in the inspection or "option" period.
Sale Pending Statuses
- Pending is when a home is set to close, and all contingencies have been satisfied or waived.
- Pending - Over 4 Months is when the listing's pending status has remained unchanged for four months.
- Pending-Taking Backups allows the seller to consider backup offers if the original offer falls through.
A Backup Offer is when the seller has accepted an offer from a buyer but is still accepting offers from other buyers.
- A Pending-Short sale is when a buyer and seller enter into a Purchase and Sale Agreement for a short sale; the offer must go to the seller's lender or bank for approval.
- Under Contract is when a buyer has made an offer on a home, and the seller has accepted, but all contingencies must be satisfied before closing.
- Mutual Acceptance is the point at which both the buyer and seller agree on the price and terms of a deal, and a binding contract is entered into.
Sold/Off Market Statuses
- Sold/Off-Market means that the deal is complete, and the home is now owned.
- Temporarily-Off Market means that the seller is still under contract with their real estate agent while the listing is temporarily off-market and is unable to consider new offers while away.
Types of Sales
- For Sale By Owner (FSBO) listings are homes that the owner is selling without the services of a licensed real estate agent.
- A Short Sale is when a home is being sold for less than the homeowner owes on the mortgage.
- Foreclosure homes have been repossessed by a lender because the owner could not make the mortgage loan payments.