The Closing Disclosure is an important financial document that is prepared and disclosed to you by your lender before closing on your new home. This document summarizes the terms of your loan as well as all the fees and closing costs associated with your purchase.
Since this document contains personal, non-public financial information associated with your loan, your lender and title company should not share this document with anyone, even your own real estate agent, without your permission.
That said, you may still prefer to share the Closing Disclosure with your real estate agent so that they can walk you through the document and make sure you understand what everything means. If you would like to do this, follow these instructions to share your Closing Disclosure securely.
Sharing a Closing Disclosure From Your Lender
1. Navigate to your Deal Room. If you're having trouble finding the Deal Room, check out the instructions found here. https://support.redfin.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001454251-Finding-the-Deal-Room-and-Owner-Dashboard
2. Upload your Closing Disclosure as an "Other" document
3. Update the settings on the document to be shared with your agent
Sharing a Closing Disclosure From Title Forward
1. After Title Forward has shared a copy of the Closing Disclosure with you, navigate to your Deal Room. If you're having trouble finding the Deal Room, check out the instructions found here. https://support.redfin.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001454251-Finding-the-Deal-Room-and-Owner-Dashboard
2. Click the big red "Share Closing Disclosure with My Agent" button
If you don't see the button, double check that there is a copy of the Closing Disclosure in your Deal Room already. If it's not there yet but you expect it to be, reach out to Title Forward, they can help get you another copy.