Only want to look at condos under $500K, or a single family home with 3 beds and 2 baths? Redfin has you covered! To personalize your search, you can restrict the listings returned by changing your search criteria. This way you can find:
Different types of homes:
- for-sale-by-owner homes
- recent sales
- foreclosed homes
- Homes that meet your criteria for price, beds, baths, and other features
- Upcoming open houses
To change your search options, start by typing the neighborhood, city, or zip code of your search into the search box. Click on the search button (looks like a magnifying glass), which will take you to our map page. You can find the search box under the ‘Find a Home’ on the main page or within the white text box at the top of the screen on other pages. Once on the map screen you’ll see the ‘Filters’ button:
Once you hit the filters button you’ll see a drop down menu that looks like this:
- House: The results will include detached, single family homes.
- Condo: The results will include condominiums.
- Townhouse: The results will include townhouses.
- Multi-family: The results will include duplexes, triplexes, and other multi-family buildings.*
- Land: The results will include vacant land.*
- Other: The results will include properties which do not fit into any of the above categories such as timeshares, parking, and ranches.*
- MLS listings: These listings have been entered into the Multiple Listing Service by an agent or owner.
- MLS-listed foreclosures: These listings have been entered into the Multiple Listing Service by an agent or owner and the marketing remarks contain keywords such as foreclosure or bank owned.
- For-Sale-by-Owner (FSBO) listings: These listing results are posted for sale without a listing agent. A for-sale-by-owner listing may be listed in the MLS, or on a number of for-sale-by-owner websites.*
- Foreclosed homes: The results will include homes in foreclosure from the bank's website. These homes are likely not for sale.
- Sale Records: These are recent property sales pulled from the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) and public records.Recent past sales can be useful benchmarks for evaluating the price of a listing or doing a Comparative Market Analysis. Include these results by selecting a time period in the Sale Records drop down box.
- Schools: Check this box to display local schools on the map alongside your results.
* Redfin currently services houses, condos, townhouses, and multi-family properties with up to 4 units. Redfin does not offer service on other property types. Furthermore, unless a home is listed in the MLS, Redfin will not be able to assist you with a purchase. We display potentially ineligible listings because the information is available to us, and we want to make our search experience as in-depth as possible.
** MLS rules in the Bay Area do not allow us to show MLS listings alongside information from other sources.
- Square Feet: This will restrict the listings return based on the approximate square footage of the building on the property.
- Lot Size: This will restrict the listings returned based on the approximate square footage or acreage of the property.
- Parking: This will restrict the listings returned by the number of parking spaces on the property. Check the Has garagebox to restrict the results to properties with a garage.
- Has view: Only listings that are noted as having a view will be returned in your results.
- Fixer-upper: The marketing remarks for these listings contain keywords such as TLC, needs work, handyman special and contractor special. Alternatively, the listing agent specifically marked the listing as a fixer.
- Waterfront: This will restrict the listings returned to those designated as waterfront properties.
This field is a great way to search for options that might not be typical. Like searching for a pool or single story home. Enter any phrase that you are interested in, like “rambler” or “pool”. If the listing agent has included this description on the home, Redfin will help you find these types of homes. If you enter multiple terms, only listings whose descriptions contain all of them will be included in your search.
- Find the home that suits your personality with a search for craftsman, loft, bungalow, or tudor.
- Narrow your multi-family search by searching for duplex or triplex.
- Stay warm by searching for fireplace.
- Find a house with a mother in law apartment.
- Get the features you want with a search for hardwood or maybe granite countertops.
- Search properties with a hot tub or a pool
Note that at this time, the remarks search is restricted to a listing's marketing remarks and does not search the full text of the listings amenities.
- New Listings: Selecting this checkbox will display only results that were listed yesterday and today. Redfin updates its listings from each MLS at least daily. For many MLS systems, Redfin updates every 15 minutes.
- Open Houses: This will show you only homes that have a scheduled open house. You can further refine the search to select open house results for the coming weekend or anytime.
- Days on Redfin: The listings returned are filtered based on the amount of time they have been actively for sale on the market. For example, if you select Less than 60 days for Days on Redfin, the results will contain all new listings that have been added to Redfin in the past 60 days.***
- Status: The listings returned are filtered based on their current status. You can choose to see active listings, under contract/pending listings, or both types side-by-side. This filter does not affect searches for sale records.
- Price Reduced****: Selecting this checkbox will display only listings with at least one price reduction. You can use the drop-down menu to show homes whose last price reduction occurred during a specific time period.
- Exclude short sales: Check this box to exclude properties marked as short sales by the listing agent when submitted to the MLS or in the marketing remarks.
*** The Days on Redfin value is derived from the date the listing was first displayed on Redfin's site, not from data in the MLS listing because of MLS restrictions.
**** Price reduced may only be available when signed-in with verified email due to MLS restrictions.
NOTE: only homes that match all of your search criteria will be shown. For example, if you select the price reduced and open house checkboxes, you will be shown only those listings which are price reduced AND have an upcoming open house.